Important Information Read
• Half day
- English speaking tour guide
- Train tickets
- Entrance to church
- Please bring your printed voucher
- Pickup: Cruise terminal in Warnemunde at 9:00. The guide will have a board saying "Rostock & Warnemunde Tour"
- Drop off: Cruise terminal in Warnemunde at 14:00.
- Starting time: 9:00 * please contact us if your ship arrives later
- Group discounts are available. If you are purchasing 5 or more tickets, please contact us for the price
- This tour is a walking tour and not suitable for guests with limited mobility. The walking pace will be leisurely and frequent breaks will be made.
- Walking distance: Warnemuende cruise pier - train station: 5 min walking
Rostock main station - old town: 15-20 min walking or 5 min by tram (included in tour)
Price from € 65 per person
Hanseatic Rostock and Lovely Warnemunde
Visit Warnemunde and Rostock on your upcoming vacation
Stop in at one of the northern cruise ports of Germany to visit Warnemunde and venture into the country for an exciting half day. When you step off the cruise line, you’ll be greeted by a friendly and enthusiastic English-speaking local guide. He’ll teach you about the local history of the German city when you visit Warnemunde with an excellent tour. Then you’ll hop on a train destined for Rostock. There you take an extensive walking tour of the Rostock old town which features buildings like the old fishermen's houses and merchant’s homes. Finally, the tour will conclude with an hour-long free period for leisure, shopping, or personal exploration before taking a return train ride to Warnemunde port. Visit Warnemunde and Rostock during a fun five-hour long tour before making it back to the ship by the early afternoon.
What to do on your cruise excursion to visit Warnemunde
The trip begins with a stroll through Warnemunde, the fisherman's village and seaside destination your ship will dock in. When you visit Warnemunde, an enthusiastic local guide will share insight into the local history and take you to the most prominent places in the city. Take pictures of the one-of-a-kind gabled houses built in the 18th and 19th century with half-timbered facades and ornamented doors. Take pictures of the authentic "Old Stream" canal full of fishermen's boats and surrounded by cute boutiques, cafes. There is frequently street art performance too!
Explore the city center when you visit Rostock
Warnemunde is a beautiful city, but the Hanseatic Rostock and Lovely Warnemunde Tour includes a trip to visit Rostock as well. After a thirty-minute train ride, you’ll arrive in the city center of Rostock. This ancient university town provides a broad variety of sights and photo opportunities. Take a guided walk through the historic center and see the splendid town hall, lively market square, historic university, medieval monastery of the Holy Cross as well as the lively Kroepelin Strasse. Visit Rostock concludes with some free time for browsing the city.
Plan your trip to visit Warnemunde today
Make the most of your cruise excursion and visit these two prominent Mecklenburg cities. Eat a schnitzel, currywurst, or a pretzel, take some pictures and then continue your adventure. Reserve your tickets to visit Warnemunde and Rostock on your next stop with Berlin City Tours.
09.00 am meet at pier and start with a walking tour of Warnemuende
10.00 am head to Rostock on the public train and tram
10.30 am walking tour of Rostock old town
incl. town hall, boulevard, university, town wall & gates, monastery, merchant’s homes
inside visit to St. Marien Church with astronomical clock and continue guided walk
12.30 pm time at leisure for example for shopping or a snack
01.30 pm return to Warnemuende by public train and tram
02.00 pm arrive back at the ship
All times are approximate times and will be adapted to the docking times of the ship.
- Cancellation more then a week in advance: administration costs of 15% must be paid
- Cancellation between a week and 48 hours prior to departure date: 50% of the total amount must be paid
- Cancellation less than 48 hours prior to departure date : 100% of the total amount must be paid
- No show: no restitution