Important Information Read
• Half day
- Maximum group size: 16 people
- Transport in a van or bus according to group size
- English speaking tour guide
- Entrance to St. Marien church Rostock and abbey Doberan
- Ride on the Molli steam train
- Lunch snack incl. 1 drink, coffee and cake or ice cream
- Pickup: cruise terminal in Warnemunde at 9:00 (please contact us if your ship arrives later). The guide will have a board saying "Rostock & Warnemunde Tour"
- Dropoff: cruise terminal in Warnemunde at 18:00.
- Duration: 9 hours
- Group discounts are available. If you are purchasing 5 or more tickets, please contact us for the price.
- Please bring your printed voucher
Price from € 155 per person
Rostock and Molli Train - Historic and Scenic Tour
Immerse yourself in beauty while you visit Rostock
Visit Rostock on an exciting small group excursion, with a mixture of an authentic culinary experience, history, breathtaking architecture, and mesmerizing landscapes. A heartwarming day trip to visit Rostock that then includes a lovely trip on the Molli steam train. A personal guide will be waiting at the pier where you will take a private bus to visit Rostock, the Hanseatic town along the Baltic coast.
Take a historical tour through time
Once you arrive to visit Rostock, the first thing most notice is the welcoming market square, the gothic styled city hall, and the bustling boulevard on the historic tour. Visit Rostock to see a town that boasts remarkable structures such as Rostock University, one of the world's oldest universities (est.1419), the Holy Cross Monastery and the intricate astronomical clock at St. Marien, a structure that is over 500 years old. After this historic tour, enjoy a filling meal at local restaurant or beer garden.
Bad Doberan is a popular bathing resort nestled between gorgeous tree beech tree forests. The central square is surrounded by historical dwellings and salons. Here you will set sights on the medieval Munster Bad Doberan. A highly preserved cathedral and the masterpiece of the Doberan monks. You will then embark on the Molli steam train along the coast that will leave you in awe from the majestic scenery. The train will arrive at Kühlungsborn, a vibrant beach resort with long-held spa traditions. Here you will have the opportunity to savor a delicious piece of cake (or ice cream) and some of Germany's finest coffee while enjoying the view the promenade and Baltic sea.
Join us on this cozy small excursion
Once your trip has reached its finale, you will go back to Warnemunde to continue your journey or make your way on a Berlin cruise ship to the German capital. Here you can enjoy a wide variety of options offered by Berlin City Tours.
If you are in Germany, it is essential that you visit Rostock and give yourself a sense of this charming German town. From Warnemunde to Rostock and back, this tour has everything covered for a wonderful day. So sit back, relax, and come on a cozy tour to visit Rostock that will unquestionably make its way into your heart.
Please note the itinerary may differ for ships arriving later (i.e. the Celebrity cruise lines)
09.00 am meet at pier with bus and guide, narrated drive to Rostock
09.30 am panoramic tour of Rostock by bus and on foot
11.00 am visit St. Marien church Rostock with astronomical clock and/or some time at leisure
11.45 am transfer to lunch venue and lunch snack incl. 1 drink
Restaurant/ beergarden, for ex. sausages with sauerkraut and 1 beer/ soft drink. Veggie option available.
01.00 pm transfer to Bad Doberan and inside visit to medieval Doberan abbey
02.30 pm approx. ride on Molli Steam train to Kuehlungsborn
03.15 pm panoramic drive through Kuehlungsborn
03.45 pm time at leisure and coffee and cake (or ice-cream) in a local café
05.00 pm return transfer to Warnemuende
05.45 pm arrive back at ship
All times are approximate and will be adapted to the docking times of the ship.
- Cancellation more then a week in advance: administration costs of 15% must be paid
- Cancellation between a week and 48 hours prior to departure date: 50% of the total amount must be paid
- Cancellation less than 48 hours prior to departure date : 100% of the total amount must be paid
- No show: no restitution