Important Information Read
• Half day
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 12:00 pm
Things to bring
- Printed voucher
- Public transportation ticket
- Printed voucher
Price from € 12 per person
Alternative Berlin Experience
Alternative Berlin Experience highlights underground Germany
You’ve seen the Berlin Wall and completed the traditional checklist of tourist activities, but how well do you know the German capital? The Alternative Berlin Experience is perfect for those looking for an off-the-beaten-path adventure and wanting to learn more about Berlin's dynamic alternative culture and lifestyle. Creative, open-minded, multinational and liberal. The capital city is the only European city that harmonizes traditions and trends, density and open space, underground and urban lifestyles. Recognized by UNESCO as the "City of Design,” Berlin is the birthplace of several fascinating urban trends, subcultures, and countercultures. Alternative Berlin Experience guides can lead you to whatever style of alternative culture interests you. Want to see unconventional historical sites? Head to the chic Pink Bermuda triangle of Nollendorfplatz, concealed courtyards in Mitte, guerilla gardens, urban farms, or a reclaimed air raid shelter. Berlin City Tours provides expert guides, that can match tours to your personality ensuring a fun-filled excursion. Isherwood’s, Kreuzberg Turkish Quarters, and a 1920’s Weimar Republic style cabaret are all ideal places to visit on your personalized Alternative Berlin Experience. From the completely obscure to the underground and emerging, you’ll know the many flavors, colors, and feels of Eastern and Western Berlin culture on the Alternative Berlin Experience.
Begin a walking tour; Berlin is full of hidden cultures
The best way to learn about subcultures and countercultures is on a Berlin City Tours walking tour. Berlin is chock full of movements and organizations dedicated to different styles and cultures throughout history. Discover the influence German punks had on the music scene and how they are still relevant today. Or learn about the Love Parade of the 1990’s and meet some of the forefathers to the movement. The Alternative Berlin Experience has something for everyone, whether you are interested in the recent start-up explosion, the student protest movement of a half-century ago, or the rise and fall of the Baader Meinhof gang. Step off the traditional tourist path and explore the complete cultural landscape from a local perspective on this walking tour. Berlin is a place you want to see.
Get your tickets for the Alternative Berlin Experience
Tours for the Alternative Berlin Experience are available in both English and German and last nearly five hours. Take a walk on the path less traveled and discover the alternative, underground, urban, and cosmopolitan secrets of Berlin.
- Kreuzberg’s Turkish quarters & local market
- The Pink Bermuda triangle of Nollerndorfplatz or the chic, cool and historical Prenzlauerberg Kiez
- Cafe districts, local shopping stripIs
- Isherwood´s Berlin & 1920´s Weimar Cabaret
- Contemporary/underground galleries
- Canals, parks, urban farms & guerilla gardens
- Mysterious concealed courtyards (Mitte) and a reclaimed air raid shelter
- Architectural feats of east and west Berlin
- German Hip hop & The Reggae, Rasta scene (YAAM beach) Friedrichshain
- Student protest movement (60′s)
- Rise and fall of the Bader Meinhof gang (70′s)
- Urban renewal, gentrification, punks,May 1 riots (80´s)
- Culture jamming & the Love Parade (90′s)
- Berlin´s high tech, start up explosion (00´s)
From alternative & underground to urban, multicultural, retro and cosmopolitan, we’ll compare the many flavours, colours and vibe of the East & West Berlin neighbourhoods and the people that live there.
Alexanderplatz TV Tower, next to the entrance to Starbucks Coffee.
Tour operator is Alternative Berlin.
*** Present your voucher at least 15 minutes before departure***
Public transportation ticket is recommended for this tour, but not included in the price.
- Cancellation more then a week in advance: administration costs of 15%
- Cancellation between a week and 48 hours prior to departure date: 50% of the total amount
- Cancellation less than 48 hours prior to departure date : 100% of the total amount
- No show: no restitution